OMRI reviews materials for organic production (crop, livestock and processing) for compliance with the organic regulation of the United States of America, 7 CFR Part 205 National Organic Program (NOP) and the OMRI policies. If OMRI determines, based on the documentation presented by the manufacturer of the material, that the material complies with the NOP, OMRI lists it on their OMRI Brand Name Products List.
Integrated Organic Services has helped more than 20 companies list more than 30 materials with OMRI.
Integrated Organic Services knows the documentation that OMRI requires for the material and for the ingredients that are used to manufacture the material. All documents must be in English.
To assist manufacturers in the preparation for the OMRI review, Integrated Organic Services provides the following services:
General review of all of the ingredients that are used to manufacture the materials and the label for the material to verify whether the ingredients and the material have the potential to comply with the NOP and the OMRI policies. In the event that they do not, notify the manufacturer so that solutions can be found.
Identify for the manufacturer:
- All of the documents that OMRI requires for each ingredient and for the material.
- The information required by OMRI in each document.
- The laboratory analyses required by OMRI for the material.
- The OMRI forms required for the material and the manufacturer.
- An estimation of the OMRI fees.
Once the documentation has been compiled by the manufacturer:
- Detailed review of the documentation for each ingredient and for the material to verify whether they have the potential to comply with the NOP and the OMRI policies. In the event that they do not, notify the manufacturer so that solutions can be found.
- For all documentation presented in Spanish, translate the documentation into English.
- Complete the OMRI forms.
- Send the completed Application package (OMRI forms and documents) to OMRI, with a copy for the manufacturer.
- Act as the liaison between the manufacturer and OMRI during the review process.